Synchronizing Folders in ServerSync
The ability to temporary disable syncing a folder without removing it from the list is available in FileCloud Server 19.1 and later.
When you select a folder on the FileCloud server to be synchronized, a local copy is placed in the location you choose.
When ServerSync runs:
- Changes in local copies can be uploaded to the server, replacing the version on the server for others to see your changes.
- Changes in server copies can be downloaded to your local file, replacing the local version with the one on the server so that you can see other people's changes.
- You can add any number of folders for synchronization by repeating the Add a Folder process.
- Note that synchronization occurs one by one and not in parallel. So if you have a large number of folders setup, a synchronization cycle might take some time.
To manage folder settings:
- From the system icon tray, right-click the ServerSync icon, and then select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, in the Server Folders section, click Edit.
- On the Settings screen, on the Folders tab, you can do any of the following actions:
Opens a dialog called Add new Server Folder
To add a folder:
After selecting a folder, allows you to permanently stop synchronizing a folder with FileCloud server.
The folder and its contents are not removed from the local machine, in case you want to sync this folder again later.
To temporarily stop synchronizing a folder, use the Disable option.
Allows you to disable synchronization of folders temporarily.
First, you must select a folder.
Clicking Folder Permissions opens a new window to view and manage folder permissions.
Opens a Windows File Explorer window showing the location of the folder you have chosen to keep local copies.