When you initially import files into a FileCloud site, CodeLathe recommends that you also import existing NTFS permissions on files and folders.
- After the files and folders are migrated, you can import permissions to retain the security on the files and folder.
- This allows the administrator to manage permissions centrally using FileCloud and make them apply even on synchronized local folders.
Any existing FileCloud folder permissions defined on the server side will be overwritten by the NTFS permissions after import.
To import permissions:
- From the system icon tray, right-click the ServerSync icon, and then select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, in the Import Permissions section, click Import.
- On the Import Permissions screen, after Remote Folder, click Select.
Note: You cannot import permissions on shared folders.
- In the browser window, select the server folder whose permissions you want to sync, and then click Select.
- On the Import Permissions screen, after Local Folder, click Select.
- In the browser window, select the server folder with the local copies whose permissions you want to match with what is on the server, and then click Select.
- On the Import Permissions screen, click Import.