Starting FileCloud v13.0, FileCloud supports LibreOffice for all the document preview generation. Follow this guide to enable this feature:
1) Download and Install LibreOffice
Download and install the latest version of LibreOffice (64bit version) from here.
- Make sure to download the LibreOffice 64bit version and not the 32bit version.
- After installation, there is no need of running Libreoffice as a service.
2) Install FileCloud Document Converter
FileCloud needs document converter to work with LibreOffice. Follow the instructions from this section to install and run FileCloud document converter.
3) Configure FileCloud
There are two steps to enable Preview.
If you are running the multi-site configuration, please follow these steps on the root site.
- Log into Administration Portal
- Click on "Settings" on the left navigation panel
- Click on "Misc" Tab
- Enter the correct path for Libre Office (Path for full installation: C:\Program Files\Libre Office 5\Program or Path for XAMPP portable installation: C:\xampp\LibreOfficePortable\App\LibreOffice64\program )
- Click on "Enable FC Document Converter". Note: Enabling this is allowed only if the open office installation used is LibreOffice.