The ability to temporary disable syncing a folder without removing it from the list is available in FileCloud Server 19.1 and later.
When you select a folder on the FileCloud server to be synchronized, a local copy is placed in the location you choose.
When ServerSync runs:
- Changes in local copies can be uploaded to the server, replacing the version on the server for others to see your changes.
- Changes in server copies can be downloaded to your local file, replacing the local version with the one on the server so that you can see other people's changes.
- You can add any number of folders for synchronization by repeating the Add a Folder process.
- Note that synchronization occurs one by one and not in parallel. So if you have a large number of folders setup, a synchronization cycle might take some time.
To manage folder settings:
- From the system icon tray, right-click the ServerSync icon, and then select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, in the Server Folders section, click Edit.
- On the Settings screen, on the Folders tab, you can do any of the following actions:
Opens a dialog called Add new Server Folder
To add a folder:
After selecting a folder, allows you to permanently stop synchronizing a folder with FileCloud server.
The folder and its contents are not removed from the local machine, in case you want to sync this folder again later.
To temporarily stop synchronizing a folder, use the Disable option.
Allows you to disable synchronization of folders temporarily.
First, you must select a folder.
Clicking Folder Permissions opens a new window to view and manage folder permissions.
Opens a Windows File Explorer window showing the location of the folder you have chosen to keep local copies.
Allow UNC Paths
The following is an advanced configuration setting. Check with FileCloud support before adding it.
By default, ServerSync does not accept local folder paths in UNC path format, but you can override this restriction.
To allow Local Folder to be entered in UNC format:
- Navigate to %appdata%/FileCloudServerSync.
- Open syncclientconfig.xml.
Add the setting: