Release Date: May 7, 2018
Release Type: Major
Metadata Support for Advanced Content Management
- FileCloud offers a metadata feature that helps enterprises organize their files effectively, simplifying content discovery and improving overall governance.
- Think of metadata as a set of additional descriptions to your files. For example, you can add custom metadata values such as ‘point of sales’, ‘website’, and ‘partner marketing materials’. Later, you can view only the files that are used for the website by filtering with the metadata attribute ‘website’.
Mobile App Enhancements
- Multi-tasking support (iOS 9+) – Users can open and simultaneously use multiple apps side by side along with the FileCloud app.
- Faster screen loading (iOS) – Instead of loading all the files, the app loads only small set of files that are currently viewed, resulting in less memory usage and faster loading.
- Long-press to Cut/Copy/Paste (Android) – No more fumbling on the app with your fingers to perform cut and paste functions. A simple long press will trigger cut/copy/ paste.
- Pull-to-refresh (Android) – Users can easily refresh the files/folders with a quick pull down and release action.
- Android Material Design (Android)- The updated app follows Google’s new visual design framework (Material Design), creating a unified Android experience.
Advanced Search in Desktop Sync and Drive Apps
- With the new update, users can do a full-text search on FileCloud files right from FileCloud Sync and FileCloud Drive.
- With a right click, the taskbar will show an option to search all the remote files and their content.
- Additionally, users can use advanced search options to narrow down the search.
The term Metadata describes data that provides additional information about Files and Folders available in FileCloud. Now administrators can define sets of attributes that can be associated with specific File Objects.
Metadata Support Read more about
|Administrator||New Linux Installer and upgrader for FileCloud|
A script was created to automatically fetch the OS, regardless of whether it is Debian or RPM, and install FileCloud Server.
Read more about Linux Installation
|Administrator||General bandwidth tracking and reporting|
A new feature called the Bandwidth Monitoring System (BMS) is available in the Administrator's Dashboard. BMS provides bandwidth data tracking to
Read more about bandwidth Activity.
|Support search from Desktop Sync and Drive Apps|
|Support fast data import into FileCloud with local storage|
|Support automatically select TLS configuration for Sync and Drive|
|Support PHP 7.1 and PHP 64 bit|
|Support Device Code Authentication in iOS & Android|
|Support Centralized device management for Offline folders in iOS|
|Support in app file browser in Android|
|Support @mention in comments in iOS|
|New FileCloud Control CLI app for Linux|
|Administrator||Autobackup failure for HA setup|
In Windows and Linux systems configured for High Availability, an autobackup starts but does not complete.
Autobackup, enabled by default after installation, now starts and completes.
Read more about Automatic Database Backup
At this time there are no FileCloud defects in version 18.1 that have been reported but not yet fixed.