- In the user portal, hover over the folder and click the Share icon.
The Share link dialog box opens.
At this point, the share is public.
- Click Change or Share Options.
The Share link dialog box expands.
- Next to Sharing Permissions, select the option Allow Selected Users or Groups.
A section with User and Groups tabs opens below Sharing Permissions.
- Share options for private folder shares are the same as share options for public folder shares, except you cannot include a password for accessing the share. To configure the Share Options, see Share Options for Public and Private Folders.
- On the Users tab, click Invite Users to add individual users to the share.
An Invite Users to this Share dialog box opens.
- In Add email address or account, begin to enter the user name or email address of a user with a FileCloud account.
Any matching users appear.
- Click Add to add the user to the Invited Users dialog box.
- Add any number of users to the share.
You may also add users who do not have existing FileCloud accounts. See Share a Folder Privately with New Users for help.
- Send Email is checked by default. To edit the email you are sending, or to not send email, see Sending an Email Notification for a Private Share, below.
- When you are done adding users, click Add Users to this Share.
The Invite users to this share dialog box closes, and the users appear under Sharing Permissions.
- Check and uncheck the sharing permissions buttons for each user to change the actions they can perform on the share.
By default, only View and Download permissions are enabled on private folder shares. You cannot remove View permission because that would remove the user from the share; however, if you want to remove the user from share, click x at the end of the row.
For information about each of the share permissions, see Private Share Permissions for Folders.
- Click the Groups tab and then click Add Groups to add FileCloud groups to the share.
An Add Group dialog box opens.
- Select a group and click Add.
- Add any number of groups.
- Modify the actions each group can perform on shares.
- Click OK to save your changes to the private share.