Filecloud will automatically backup databases starting in FileCloud Server version 17.3 and later.
In environments where High Availability architecture is being used, automatic backups are performed during Cron runs starting in FileCloud Server version 19.1 and later.
By default, automatic database backups are enabled with the following configuration:
- Daily backups are stored in the following directory: .../scratch/autobackups/
- Backups are maintained for the last 15 days before being overwritten with new backups
As an administrator, you can change the location where backups are stored, the number of backups to maintain, and the number of days between backups. Or, if you already have a back-up strategy, you can disable automatic backups.
|Database Backup Options||Description|
For example, the Cherry Road Real Estate company needs to back-up data from the last 30 days and wants the back-up refreshed every week. To do this, these are the setting they would use:
To configure automatic database backups:
- Open a browser and log in to the Admin Portal.
- In the Admin Portal, from the left navigation panel under SETTINGS, select the Settings tab.
- On the Manage Settings tab, select the Misc. tab, and then the General sub-tab.
- On the General sub-tab, to disable backups, select Disable DB Backup.
- On the General sub-tab, to create backups, clear the Disable DB Backup checkbox if it is selected.
- On the General sub-tab, to configure backups, in DB Backup Store Path, type in the path to where you want the files stored.
- If you are configuring backup settings, in Number of Backups, type in the number of days worth of data that you want stored in a single backup file.
- If you are configuring backup settings, in DB Backup Interval, type in the number of days between a refresh of the backup file.
- To save your settings, click Save.