ICAP antivirus integration is available in FileCloud Server version 18.2
If you have already purchased your own anti-virus solution and want to use it, or if you do not want to use ClamAV for various reasons, you should use the ICAP mechanism.
Internet Content Adaption Protocol (ICAP) is a generic protocol that allows web servers to offload specialized tasks. This delegation is helpful when the tasks requires other custom-built servers. Examples of such specialized tasks include DLP (data loss prevention) based content scanning, URL filtering, and antivirus scanning.
ICAP integration features:
- Works on both Linux and Windows servers
- Applies only for uploaded files, that is when files are uploaded to a FileCloud server instance
- Scanning can be done in the background or scheduled as soon as the file upload is completed
- Managed by the FileCloud server itself
- Does not have to be deployed on the same server as the one running the FileCloud server instance.
What do you want to do?
Deploy ICAP on Windows Server
Deploy ICAP on Ubuntu