ICAP antivirus integration is available in FileCloud Server version 18.2
Internet Content Adaption Protocol (ICAP) is a generic protocol that allows web servers to offload specialized tasks to custom-built servers. Examples of such specialized tasks include DLP (data loss prevention) based content scanning, URL filtering and antivirus scanning.FileCloud provides maximum flexibility by using ICAP to integrate with any ICAP supporting antivirus product currently available in the market.
FileCloud's ICAP integration feature:
- Works on both Linux and Windows servers
- Triggers virus scanning only for uploaded files, that is - when files are uploaded to a FileCloud server instance
- Scanning is scheduled "inline" as soon as the file upload is completed
- Is part of FileCloud server itself
- Provides flexibility and scalability - the ICAP antivirus server does not have to be deployed on the same server as the one running the FileCloud server instance.
If you have already purchased your own antivirus solution and want to use it, or if you do not want to use ClamAV for various reasons, it is highly recommended to use this feature.
We also recommend that the ICAP Antivirus server administrator must consult the antivirus product documentation to understand the operational and configuration parameters, capabilities and limitations. As virus scanning is a critical feature for maintaining water-tight security and smooth functioning of any workplace, consulting the documentation is important before configuring FileCloud's ICAP integration settings, it would also help in troubleshooting and maintenance.