FileCloud officially supports only Amazon S3 storage.
- Other Amazon S3 compatible storage systems are supported only through our Amazon S3 drivers, including:
- Digital ocean S3 object storage
The stability of these other systems depends on the compatibility with Amazon S3.
Administrators can change the FileCloud storage type after FileCloud has been installed but BEFORE any data has been stored.
- When changing the storage type from local to Digital Ocean S3, the files and folders that have been already stored in the local storage will not be automatically moved to S3 storage.
- In this case, the administrator has to manually export files and folders from local storage before changing storage type and manually import them after changing the storage type.
- Only change the FileCloud storage type for new installations.
- Do not change the FileCloud storage type if FileCloud has been in use and data is already stored.
- Be very careful when changing the storage path, If done improperly it could lead to data loss.
- The Digital Ocean S3 Bucket should NEVER be modified outside of FileCloud subsystem
- Do not add/edit/modify files directly using Digital Ocean tools. Doing so will destabilize your FileCloud installation.
To change the FileCloud storage path from LOCAL to DIGITAL OCEAN S3:
Although FileCloud does not have an explicit connector for Digital Ocean, the Amazon S3 connector can be used.
In this step you will need to access WWWROOT. It is typically located at:
(later than Ubuntu 14.04)
(earlier than Ubuntu 14.04)
To enable Digital Ocean s3 storage as the backend:
- To make sure that your server does not have any time variations, set up the time on your server to be synchronized.
Open the following file for editing:
Find the following line:
Change it to this line:
- Save and close the file.
Find the following file:
Rename it to:
Nothing needs to be added or edited in amazons3storageconfig.php
After you have setup the storage implementation key in step 1, you can configure the following credentials:
|S3 Key||This is your Digital Ocean authentication key.|
|S3 Secret||This is your Digital Ocean authentication secret.|
|S3 Bucket Name|
Provide a bucket name. The bucket should be new (in some circumstance, previously used bucket in FileCloud could be used).
It is very important that the S3 bucket is never modified outside of the FileCloud subsystem,
the bucket name is case sensitive make sure you are using the exact name of the bucket.
|S3 Storage Folder||Optional: All files will be stored inside this root storage folder (Will be created automatically).|
|S3 Region||Optional: Provide the region string.|
|S3 End Point URL||This is the S3 endpoint. note that for each region there is a specific Endpoint URL.|
To configure Digital Ocean S3 Credentials
If you are having problems in previewing images, you should add a line to the .htaccess file.
To add a line to the .htaccess file:
- Open the following file:
Add the following line: