You can share a file with a user who has a FileCloud account.
This is called a Private share.
- Private Sharing means you are only allowing users with a FileCloud account to access your file.
- You can add Users and Groups.
- You will be able to lookup email addresses, add them as a Guest, and then send them an email with the link.
That means when you privately share a file, you can leave the default settings in:
- Expires = Never Expires
- Restrict Downloads = No Restrictions. This allows any user to download a file an unlimited number of times.
- Email File Change Notifications = YES. This sends an email notification when a file is opened or downloaded for a public share.
- Enable Password Protection = NO. This allows a user to access a file without first providing a password.
However, you must make changes in:
- Allow Selected Users/Groups = selected. This allows you to specify which FileCloud users and groups can access the file and their permissions, as shown in Table 1.
Table 1. Permission options for private shares
|Allow View||Read access will allow users to view, browse or download files, |
Removing view access will remove the user from the share completely.
|Allow Download||This will allow the user to save the file|
To share a file with existing FileCloud users:
- Access FileCloud Sync options by right-clicking on the icon in your system tray
- To open a file explorer window, selecting File Browser.
- A File Browser window opens, displaying the contents synchronized with FileCloud Server.
- Right-click the file you want to share, and then select Share.
- In the Share Link dialog box, click Advanced Options.
- On the Manage Share dialog box, in Share Permissions, select Allow Selected Users/Groups.
- To add a FileCloud user, select the Guest tab, and then click Add Guest.
- In the Search Users dialog box, type in the user's account or email address, and then click Search.
- Select the user who you want to share with.
- In the Share Notification Email dialog, you can edit the contents of the email and then click Send, or to not send the email, click Cancel.
- On the Manage Share dialog box, in Share Permissions, select the guest you just added.
- To set permissions, check any of the following options: Allow View, Allow Download, Allow Share.
- To save your changes, click Update.