Administrators can manage metadata tags in FileCloud.
Each attribute can have one of the following types:
|Attribute type||Accepted values||UI editor type||Values validation|
|Text||Regular text value||TextBox||-|
|Integer||Integer numbers||TextBox||Type validation|
|Decimal||Decimal numbers||TextBox||Type validation|
|Boolean||True / False value||CheckBox||-|
|Date||Date value||Date picker||-|
|Enumeration||One value from a list of predefined values||Drop down / Select||-|
|Array (Tag)||A number of custom values provided by user||Tag Input - custom editor||-|
Attribute type cannot change once the definition is saved.
You can use the following ways to manage attributes:
- Edit Metadata Set Definition window
- A new attribute can be added by clicking the "Add Attribute" button in the Attributes section of the Metadata definition widget.
- Existing attributes can be edited by clicking the "Edit Attribute Definition" icon.
- Existing attributes can be removed by clicking the "Delete Attribute Definition" icon.
- Tag Input Editor
- Tag input is a custom editor that allows users to provide multiple values for a single attribute with a better experience.
- It looks like a regular TextBox but supports multiple values.
- When user writes a string and presses the Enter or enters a comma a new value is added to the control.
- It's called a Tag and appears as a text in a blue rectangle. Values can be removed by pressing the cross icon.
- It is used as the editor for the Array attribute type (in the User Core UI) and as the editor for Predefined values for enumeration attribute type (in the Admin UI).
All attribute definition changes take effect when the whole set definition is saved.