You can set up your FileCloud server to send email through Gmail SMTP server.
Configure your Email settings to use the Gmail SMTP server.
- Log in to the admin portal, and go to Settings > Email.
- In Email Type, choose smtp.
- Use the following information to set up Gmail as your SMTP server in the Email tab, as shown in the screenshot.
SMTP Host - (i.e., outgoing mail): smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port - 465
SMTP Security - You are required to choose ssl or tls.
SMTP Auth Enabled - checked
SMTP auth password - Your Gmail or Google Apps email password
Set up your Gmail or Google Apps Sent folder to store a copy of your outgoing FileCloud emails
- Log into your Gmail or Google Apps email settings.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, and scroll down to the IMAP Access section.
- Select Enable IMAP.
Set up 2-step verification and an app password for your Google account
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/security.
- Scroll down to 2-Step Verification and click the arrow to its right to configure it.
- In the next screen click Get Started.
- Follow the instructions on the screens to set up 2-step verification.
- Once 2-step verification is set up, return to the Security tab (go to https://myaccount.google.com/security).
2-Step Verification should now appear enabled.
- Click the arrow next to App Passwords.
You may be prompted to log in to Google. Then a window for setting up an app password opens.
An app password is automatically used in selected device if 2-Step Verification is not available.
- Select an app and select a device in the drop-down lists.
- Click the Generate button.
The app password is generated, and appears on the next window.
- Follow the instructions under How to use it to enter your password for the app, and click Done.
Your configuration is now complete.