Configure What is Logged
There might be some operations that you do not want logged in your Audit logs.
- For example, if a specific WebDAV client sends in hundreds of information requests or login requests it can cause your Audit logs to grow quite large quickly.
To configure what is logged, you can:
You can choose to set logging to one of the following levels:
- OFF - Nothing will be recorded in the Audit log files
- REQUEST - This limits the logging to requests from agents or clients and the results of a request. The full response to the agent or client is not recorded.
- FULL - This records entries for all requests from agents or clients, the full response, and the and the results of the request.
To set a log level:
- Open a browser and log in to the Admin Portal.
- From the left navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Admin tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Under Audit Settings, in Audit Logging Level, select OFF, REQUEST, or FULL.
To configure what information is logged:
On the FileCloud Server, navigate to the following folder:
Open the following file for editing:
Add the following lines:
Configuration Lines to add Notes Example define("TONIDOCLOUD_AUDIT_IGNORE_OPS", "");
When specified, does not add audit logs for specific FileCloud requests. You can specify multiple requests by using a '|' symbol as a delimiter.
For example, if you add "deletefile|loginguest", both these operations would not be added to the audit log.
define("TONIDOCLOUD_AUDIT_IGNORE_OPS", "deletefile|loginguest|createfolder"); define("TONIDOCLOUD_AUDIT_IGNORE_AGENT", "");
When specified, does not add audit logs for any requests coming in from specified FileCloud clients. You can specify multiple clients by using a '|' symbol as a delimiter.
define("TONIDOCLOUD_AUDIT_IGNORE_AGENT", "Cloud Sync|Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0|FileCloudDrive");
If both defines are specified, then only requests that match both conditions are excluded from the Audit Log.
define("TONIDOCLOUD_AUDIT_IGNORE_OPS", "deletefile|loginguest|createfolder"); define("TONIDOCLOUD_AUDIT_IGNORE_AGENT", "Cloud Sync");
The above configuration will skip adding audit logs when the Cloud Sync client requests to:
- Delete File
- Login Guest
- Create Folder
Remember that the information in audit logs can be extremely important for troubleshooting. Be careful not to exclude too much information from your log files.