Deleting a FileCloud User
As an administrator, you can delete a FileCloud user account.
When a user account is deleted
- By default, the user's data stored in My Files is deleted.
- The user can no longer log in via browser or connect using the Sync client or Drive client.
- The user's license account is released, and the available license count is incremented by 1.
- The user is removed from all shares.
- The user's workflows are deleted.
- Data shared by the user is no longer be available.
- In FileCloud version 19.1 and later, you can move the user's data before deleting the user.
|User with "Default Authentication" (Local User)|
Local user account is deleted.
|User with "AD or LDAP Authentication"||Only the FileCloud account will be deleted. No change will be done to the user in the AD or LDAP server.|
Do you want to save the data before deleting a user account?
Support for moving the files before a user deletion is only available through the command line in FileCloud Server version 19.1 and later.
When a user account needs to be deleted, administrators can move the files to a different user instead of allowing the files to be deleted with the user account.
In a command line enter:
cd c:\xampp\htdocs\resources\tools\fileutils PATH=%PATH%;C:\xampp\php
Then, for both Windows and Linux, enter:
php txfilesanddeleteaccount.php -h <host> -u <user> -p /destination/path -o
[Required] -h <host> Site host name or 'default' for default site
[Required] -u user account whose files are to be transferred before account delete
[Required] -p path to which the user files are to be moved before deleting account
[Optional] -o set this flag to overwrite and merge transferred file with destination
a) Command to transfer files of user "richard" to path /tgtuser/holding of default site:
php txfilesanddeleteaccount.php -h default -u richard -p /tgtuser/holding
b) Command to transfer files of user "richard" to path /tgtuser/holding of default site, overwriting files/folders that may exists in the destination:
php txfilesanddeleteaccount.php -h default -u richard -p /tgtuser/holding -o
How do you want to delete a user account?
Use the command line
Use the admin portal