You can automatically upload photos and videos from your mobile device to FileCloud.
This feature must first be enabled on the server by your administrator.
Frequently Asked Questions
The iOS app cannot operate (or start automatically) in the background, so when the user starts the app, it checks and initiates the backup.
Once the FileCloud app is started, in most cases, it tries to complete the upload even when the app is in background.
If a photo or video is present in the iOS device but is deleted, renamed, or moved in the remote FileCloud server, then:
- The FileCloud iOS app treats the file as a new local image and uploads it to the server.
- The only way to prevent the file from being uploaded is to manually delete the file in the iOS device itself.
In the following cases:
- The folder on the remote FileCloud Server is not available
- The folder on the remote FileCloud Server has been deleted
- The folder on the remote FileCloud Server is full
The iOS app will not upload any more photos or videos until that issue is resolved.
The status will be set to “Exception” in the app.
There is no limit on the number or size of photos or videos that can be uploaded to FileCloud.
The only requirement is that you need to have enough free space to allow the app to import the photo or video first and then upload it.
- For example, if you have a 100MB video file, then you must have at least 110MB of free space.
- Once upload is completed, the temporary file is deleted
For Administrators: Enabling Automatic Backup
To enable automatic camera uploads:
- Open a browser window and log in to the admin portal.
- From the left navigation menu, select Settings.
- Click the Endpoint Backup tab.
- Select the Allow Camera Uploads checkbox.
Configure Automatic Camera Backup
To configure camera backup settings:
Log in to the app, and tap the triple-dash icon in the upper left corner, then choose Settings.
The Settings options appear.
By default, Device pictures and videos is disabled.
- Enable it.
Now the pictures and videos you take on your device are automatically backed up to your FileCloud Server.