Edit an Existing Metadata Set
- The Default Metadata set is a special type and cannot be renamed.
- Although user/group permission widgets look very similar to share widgets their behavior is different. Read/write permission change for each user/group is not saved when the change happens (this is the process for shares). All changes are saved at the same time - when the "Save" button is clicked.
- When an existing attribute is removed all associated values will be removed. This operation cannot be reverted.
To edit an existing metadata set:
- Open a browser and log in to the Admin Portal.
- From the left navigation pane, under Misc., click Metadata.
- On the Manage Metadata Sets screen, find the set you want to edit.
- In the row of the set you want to edit, under ACTIONS, click the edit button ( ).
The Edit Metadata Set Widget will appear where set definition can be edited.
Administrator can edit set properties, permissions and attributes. Once edited click "Save" button to store changes.
When there are some pending changes and admin is about to close the edit dialog following confirm prompt will appear.