You can integrate Auth0 SSO with Filecloud using the SAML 2 protocol. Below are the steps to achieve this.
Configuration in Auth0 portal
- Login to the Auth0 Dashboard and Click on the tab " Application " on the Left panel.
- Create application
- Give the Application name as you wish and select Regular Web applications.
- Click on the created application again and go to the settings tab and confirm the application name in the " Name " field and Go to Addons
- Click on SAML2 ( Web App )
- Enter the URL in the Field "Application Callback URL".
- Scroll down and click on "Enable"
- Go to "Usage " on the same page.
- Note down the value in the field Issuer.
- Scroll down and download the metadata from Identity Provider Metadata:
- Go to Users in the Auth0 Dashboard and create user.
Configuration in Filecloud Admin portal
- Go to Admin portal → Settings → SSO
- Enter the below details in the required fields
IdP End Point URL: Paste here the value we note down from Issuer: ( 10th step in Auth0 configuration part )
IdP Username Parameter : http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress
IdP Email Parameter: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/emailaddress
IdP Given Name Parameter: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/givenname
IdP Surname Parameter: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/05/identity/claims/surname
IdP Metadata: open the metadata file we have downloaded using notepad and copy paste value here.
- Click save
- Go to Customization > General > Login and check Show SSO Link and Show Login Options.
- In the Filecloud User login page Click on more option and access the SSO. This will first redirect you to Auth0 login page and you can authenticate as the user that you have created in the Auth0.
If that user doesn't exist in the Filecloud, it will be created automatically after the successful authentication.