|Guideline||Descriptions of requirement and FileCloud's compliance ||FileCloud Version|
|1.1 Text alternatives|
Provide text alternatives for any non-text content so that it can be changed into other forms people need, such as large print, braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
- Images are associated with alt tags to act as image descriptions.
- Controls like checkboxes have aria attributes to describe their usage.
1.3 Adaptable content
Create content that can be presented in different ways (for example simpler layout) without losing information or structure.
- The labels for required fields are displayed in red.
- The labels for checkboxes can be programmatically determined, as they are associated with aria-label attributes.
- The rows of files are navigable through the keyboard.
- Keyboard support is included for forms.
- Screen reader provides context about content when format in which it is presented changes from the original, for example, by indicating the number of search results found or by giving instructions about how to navigate options. Information in interactive elements (like File Operations box) is not marked as a header.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirement 1.3.1.
- Wherever possible, data tables are programmatically marked to show relationships between table headers and table cells.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirements 1.3.1 and 1.3.2.
Make it easier for users to see and hear content including separating foreground from background.
The new UI enables high contrast mode, which makes the visual presentation of blocks of text and icons easily readable.
|2.1 Keyboard Accessible|
Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Keyboard accessibility is supported in FileCloud, and enables users to submit forms or navigate using keyboard shortcuts and keyboard navigation.
- The Details section in My Files is keyboard accessible.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirement 2.1.1.
See Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts.
|2.2.5 Re-authenticating |
When an authenticated session expires, the user can continue the activity without loss of data after re-authenticating.
When an authenticated session expires, the user can continue the activity after re-authenticating.
Provide ways to help users navigate, find content, and determine where they are.
- In FileCloud, keyboard accessibility enables users to navigate through file lists and tab through fields in forms.
See Guide to Keyboard Shortcuts.
- A link for skipping navigation enables users to skip repetitive navigation information on pages and directly access the main content.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirement 2.4.1.
- Interactive elements such as table headers are read in tab order, and focus order of tables is top to bottom and left to right.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirement 2.4.3.
Make text content readable and understandable.
The lang attribute in HTML tags changes so that it can be easily read in the language of the site. Many non-text parts of the site are associated with alternative texts to make them readable.
Make Web pages appear and operate in predictable ways.
- Drop-down lists are keyboard-navigable.
- Focus is set to the first input field in forms.
|3.3 Input Assistance|
Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
All form input fields have proper labels and validation of inputs in place. Errors are shown if a form submission fails.
Maximize compatibility with current and future user agents, including assistive technologies.
- Newest user interface uses well-formed HTML with proper Start and End tags. The tags have aria label, name, and role attributes associated with them.
- Screen reader indicates whether elements are buttons or links.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirement 4.1.2.
- Screen reader informs users when new data is loaded on the page or dynamic content appears.
Note: Added in FileCloud 23.1 for requirement 4.1.3.