Use SSL on Windows
You can use the standard security technology to establish an encrypted link between the FileCloud server and a client browser.
- This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
- SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
After you install the SSL certificate on your Apache web server, there is no additional configuration you need to do in FileCloud Server. Once a certificate is installed, all connections between to the FileCloud Server and clients are secured over SSL.
To Use SSL on Windows:
- Create a CSR in the FileCloud Control Panel.
- Submit the CSR to your SSL provider.
- The provider will verify and then issue a SSL certificate in a *.crt file.
- Follow the HTTPS Best Practices for FileCloud.
If you encounter issues using the FileCloud control panel, you can:
Manually create a CSR to receive an SSL certificate