You can use the Direct Link option to copy a link to an item and send it to others who already have share access to it. That means they must already have permission to access the item.
The Direct Link option works only with items in the following folders:
- Shared with me
- Team Folders
After clicking the share link, the user must log in to FileCloud Server, and is then taken directly to the selected folder or file.
In the Shared With Me or Team Folders sections, you may create a link to a folder or a file to send to users in an existing share without creating a new share.
When users click the link, they are prompted to log in and then taken directly to the selected folder or file.To create a direct link:
- Navigate to the file or folder in Shared With Me or Team Folders.
- Hover over the file or folder and click the Direct Link icon.
A Direct Link is Ready message pops up.
- Click Copy Link.
- Paste the link into an email or a file, and send it to users.
To share a file by creating a direct link:
- Launch FileCloud Drive by right-clicking on the icon in your system tray and choosing Open Folder.
A File Explorer window opens, displaying the contents of your mapped drive.
- Open a Team Folder or Shared with Me folder, right-click the item you want to share, and then select Copy Direct FileCloud Drive Link.
The link is copied to the clipboard and if alerts are enabled, the following alert appears:
- Paste the link and send it to a user.