Updates made to FileCloud Desktop for macOS include the new features and fixes listed below.
|October 9, 2023
- Issue causing an error when users enabled Full Disk Access and tried to restart FileCloud Desktop has been fixed.
- Problem of users being able to delete shared file/folders when delete permission was not given has been fixed.
- Issue causing Team Folders to become available offline when Shared with Me folders were made available offline has been fixed.
- Problem of invalid date appearing for top-level FileCloud folders has been solved by using latest modification date of a child in the folder.
- An issue causing the Locations tutorial to appear with all of a user's logins instead of only with the user's initial login has been fixed.
- When users attempted to make folders that could not be downloaded available offline, they appeared marked available offline although they were not. This has been fixed.
- Messages sent from the Device Management screen of the admin portal did not appear in the FCD user interface. This has been fixed.
- An eye icon that can be clicked to view the password field has been added.
- The Finder now informs users when FileCloud Desktop is not running with the message "FileCloud Desktop is not running. Please launch the application to use all features."
- An issue causing files with #'s in their filenames to not be synced has been fixed.
- When FileCloud Desktop prompted a user to enter their new password after the password had been changed, the new password could not be saved. This has been fixed.
- Filtering activities in the Activity Tab by last hour and yesterday was not working. This has been fixed.
- Delete permission on shares was not functioning correctly. This has been fixed.
- An issue preventing users from logging into FileCloud Desktop when they were using SSO has been fixed.