- Consider using PHP 5.6 and above with OpCache enabled for improved performance
- Enabling Local Storage File Encryption will affect performance. Consider not using encryption unless absolutely required.
- Use SSD disks for storage for running the Server. It will have significant performance boost.
- Having a large number of CPU cores will help with scaling when there are a lot of incoming requests
Optimizing Mongo Database Performance
- For large databases, MongoDB might require a lot of RAM, so ensure your server running MongoDB has enough RAM.
- Consider using SSD storage to store MongoDB databases
- Consider moving MongoDB to a separate server outside of the webserver node. This might improve performance.
Improving Upload Speeds
There are many factors that can affect upload speeds.
- Your internet connection bandwidth speed
- Where the storage is location (local to the filecloud server or on the network). Local is faster.
- Type of storage (SSD vs Hard Disk) . SSD is fastest.
Improving File Synchronization Speeds
- Use FileCloud 11.0 or later for multi-threaded file uploads and downloads
- Use realtime sync for optimum sync performance
- Offline sync of large network folders will be slow and might severely impact server performance when there are lots of users using the system.