You can give users permission to add, edit, and delete groups by assigning them a policy that enables group permissions.
You can also give them permission to view, add members, or delete members for a specific group in the settings for the group. See Group Settings for more information about these types of settings.
When users have either group permissions through their policies or through settings for a group, they have access to the User Groups option in the user portal:
For more information on user management of groups, see User Groups.
To add group permissions to a policy:
- Go to Settings > Policies.
- Create a new policy for user group management or edit an existing policy.
- Edit the policy, and click the User Policy tab.
- Scroll down to see the Group policy settings.
By default, each is set to NO.
- Change the group settings that you want to enable for users with this policy.
- Allow New Group Creation - Allows the user to add new groups and manage members in the groups from the user portal.
- Allows User Group Management (Add and Remove Users) - Allows the user to add and remove members from any group, including groups they have not created, from the user portal. This gives the user the ability to add and remove group members to groups created in the Admin portal as well as groups created in the user portal.
- Allow Group Deletion - Allows the user to delete any groups, including groups they have not created, from the user portal. This gives the user the ability to delete groups created in the Admin portal as well as groups created in the user portal.
If none of these settings is set to YES, users with the policy do not see the Manage User Groups option in the user portal unless group access is enabled for individual groups. See Group Settings.