FileCloud allows administrators to manage file shares created by their users at a global level.
- You can choose to allow or restrict file sharing for all accounts in FileCloud by setting the Share Mode.
- The Share Mode setting appears in Settings > Policies on the General tab of a policy, and is set to Allow All Shares by default. To manage the global share mode, open the Global Default Policy.
You can set the Share Mode to one of the following options:
Allow All Shares
Allows users to share any file or folder with custom permissions.
A file or folder can be shared with:
|Allow Private Shares Only
Allows users to share any file or folder with a user that has an existing FileCloud account.
Sharing Privately requires:
|Shares Not Allowed
Prevents users from sharing any file or folder.
If you choose this option, then no other Sharing settings that you configure will be in effect.
To set the Share Mode:
- Log into the Admin Portal.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Policies tab.
- In the Manage Policy window, select the row with the Global Default Policy, and then click the edit icon .
- Select the General tab, and then in Share Mode, choose the option you want to set for all FileCloud users.
- Click Save.