Configuring Optional Components
The installation process on Windows includes the following steps:
Install Optional Components
After a successful installation check, the basic FileCloud service is ready.
Before running post-installation checks on everything that is installed, you can add any of the following optional services to include them in the post-installation verifications:
- FileCloud Helper
- Document Preview
- Content Search
Because these components are optional, they can be added or removed at any time from the FileCloud Control Panel.
Administrators can enable content search to provides users with the following features:
- Content search for file types such as txt, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx
- Regex support for file/folder name searches
Content Search uses Solr, and Solr in turn uses Java.
Before installing Content Search, you must install the correct Java Development Kit (JDK).
FileCloud Helper, Memcache, and Document preview do not require any pre-installation steps.
To install and start any of these optional service:
- In the FileCloud Control Panel, for the service you want to use, click the Install or Make Service link.
- On the Service Installed OK window, click OK.
- In the FileCloud Control Panel, for the service you just installed, click the Start button.
- In the control panel, next to the service you installed, verify it says Running or Running SVC.