Install Content Search for Windows
Advanced content searching capabilities for documents in FileCloud uses Solr and requires the correct Java Development Kit (JDK).
is an open source enterprise search platform, written in Java.
FileCloud now fully supports OpenJDK 8 instead of Oracle Java.
- Java Development Kit (JDK) consists of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) along with tools to compile and debug Java code for developing Java applications.
- OpenJDK is an open source implementation of the Java Standard Edition platform with contributions from Oracle and the open Java community.
- OpenJDK is the official reference implementation for Java Standard Edition from Java SE 7.
- OpenJDK is released under license GPL v2 wherein Oracle JDK is licensed under Oracle Binary Code License Agreement.
- Oracle JDK’s build process builds from OpenJDK source code.
FileCloud's Doc Converter feature also requires OpenJDK 8. If you already have this installed, you can skip the first two steps.
To install Content Search for Windows:
1. Install OpenJDK.
To install OpenJDK:
2. Set the JAVA_HOME path
Setting the path and environment variables will differ depending on the version of Windows you have on your computer.
- These instructions were designed for Windows Server 2008 R2
Administrator privileges are required to modify the path and environment variables.
To set the JAVA_Home path:
Use the FileCloud Control Panel to install Content Search
To install Content Search:
|3. To start the Content Search service, click the Start button.|