Users can refresh Sync from the Sync dashboard. Admins can refresh Sync for a particular user or users from the Device Management screen by entering a command.
- To open the mini-dashboard, In your system tray, right-click on the Sync icon and choose Open.
- To open the main dashboard, in the mini-dashboard, click Dashboard.
- In the navigation panel, click Help.
- Click Refresh Now.
Files and folders are immediately re-synced.
Refresh Sync Complete appears at the bottom of the dashboard.
This command only works correctly when run in the Manage Devices screen, as shown in this procedure. Do not use it by entering it into the Device Configuration tab of a policy, as this will cause the command to run and refresh Sync every 5 minutes.
- Log in to the admin portal, and in the navigation panel, click Devices.
- In the Manage Devices screen, select the check boxes of the Sync devices to refresh.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Command.
The Send Config Command dialog box opens.
- Enter the following xml:
- Click Send.
Refresh Now and Reset (from the username drop-down list) are two different actions. Refresh Now clears your sync database and performs a new Sync without clearing your Sync configuration. Reset clears your configuration (the folders you have set up to sync) and also clears your sync database.
Note: Clicking Sync Now in the main dashboard or mini dashboard, performs an immediate sync of any changes so you don't have to wait for the automatic sync to run. It neither clears your Sync database nor clears your Sync configuration.