Media Sync/Photo Backup on Android
FileCloud app to sync media (automatically back up photos and videos) to the FileCloud server in the background.You can use the
- The FileCloud app will automatically detect new photos and videos and back them up to the selected location.
To enable automatic backup, you either need an administrator account or your administrator has to configure this setting for you.
To configure automatic backup of photos and videos:
To configure the administrator settings:
- Open a browser and log in to the admin portal.
- From the left navigation panel, select Settings.
- Select the Endpoint Backup tab.
- Next to Allow Camera Uploads, select the checkbox.
- Click Save.
To configure your Android device:
- Open the FileCloud app.
- In the upper-left corner, tap the menu icon.
A list of options opens.
- Click Settings.
- In the list of settings, slide the Media Sync switch to the right so that it is on.
Although Media Sync has multiple options, the only one required to set up automatic backup is Server.
Choose a server to select it as the backup server.
Set any of the other options shown in the table below.
1 Enable media sync - Turns media sync on.
2 Server - (required) The backup server.
3 Source - (optional) The local folder the app retrieves pictures from for backup. By default, your Android's main camera folder is used.
4 Destination folder - (read-only) Displays the path to the server folder your media is uploaded to and stored for backup.
5 Check status - Displays a dialog box with information about the current status of media uploads.