Backwards Compatibility Notes
You cannot upgrade Windows and Linux using the Admin Portal.
Beginning with Version 21.1, the files to download when upgrading with the Windows Update Tool have changed. The new files are listed below under Full Upgrade for Windows and with the full upgrade procedure in the documentation page Upgrade using Update Tool (Windows Only).
As always, make a full backup of your existing installation before upgrading.
If your installation of FileCloud uses admin portal user access restrictions, please see Restricting Access To Admin UI Based On IP Addresses for updated instructions.
Full Upgrade for Windows
For all upgrades, once upgrade is complete, refresh the browser using CTRL-F5 to clear any prior setup information from the cache.
You can use the Windows Upgrade tool to do a full upgrade.
Beginning with FileCloud 21.1, there are new files to download which are listed in the updated steps 1-3 of the upgrade procedure, below.
Download the FileCloud Windows Update Tool from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/cloudupdatetool.zip
Extract all files from cloudupdatetool.zip into a folder.
- Download the following files and copy them to the extracted folder (the cloudupdatetool folder)
- FileCloud Windows Preupgrade Package from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudpreupgrade.zip
- FileCloud Windows Preupgrade XML - Right-click and save the file https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudpreupgrade.xml
- FileCloud Windows Update Package from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudupdate.zip
- FileCloud Windows Update XML - Right-click and save the file https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudupdate.xml
Now, go to Upgrade using Update Tool (Windows Only) and proceed from Step 4.
Full Upgrade for LINUX
Beginning in FileCloud 22.1, Linux installation and upgrades are moving to a new repository system, and you must use new procedures to upgrade.
See Upgrade FileCloud on Linux for upgrade instructions for the supported versions of Ubuntu, CentOS, and RHEL.
The OS’s we currently support are:
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (FileCloud EOL 23.1)
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Note: FileCloud no longer supports Debian Installation and upgrade; we recommend installing in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or migrating the existing installation to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Upgrading Systems that use ServerLink
To upgrade systems running ServerLink, the following steps should be taken:
- Before upgrade, ensure all ServerLink nodes are fully synced and are at the same state.
- Make backups of all nodes as needed
- Upgrade the primary node first.
- Upgrade each secondary node after upgrading the primary node.
- Start up all nodes