Backwards Compatibility Notes
You cannot upgrade Windows and Linux using the Admin Portal.
Beginning with Version 21.1, the files to download when upgrading with the Windows Update Tool have changed. The new files are listed below under Upgrade for Windows and with the full upgrade procedure in the documentation page Upgrade using Update Tool (Windows Only).
As always, make a full backup of your existing installation before upgrading.
If your installation of FileCloud uses admin portal user access restrictions, please see Restricting Access To Admin UI Based On IP Addresses for updated instructions.
Upgrade instructions for Windows
For all upgrades, once upgrade is complete, refresh the browser using CTRL-F5 to clear any prior setup information from the cache.
You can use the Windows Upgrade tool to do a full upgrade.
Beginning with FileCloud 21.1, there are new files to download which are listed in the updated steps 1-3 of the upgrade procedure, below.
Download the FileCloud Windows Update Tool from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/cloudupdatetool.zip
Extract all files from cloudupdatetool.zip into a folder.
- Download the following files and copy them to the extracted folder (the cloudupdatetool folder)
- FileCloud Windows Preupgrade Package from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudpreupgrade.zip
- FileCloud Windows Preupgrade XML - Right-click and save the file https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudpreupgrade.xml
- FileCloud Windows Update Package from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudupdate.zip
- FileCloud Windows Update XML - Right-click and save the file https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudupdate.xml
Now, go to Upgrade using Update Tool (Windows Only) and proceed from Step 4.
Upgrade instructions for Linux
Upgrading FileCloud from 22.1 in Ubuntu 20.04 and RHEL 8
You can either re-install FileCloud or upgrade both FileCloud and your operating system.
Option 1: Install one of the supported operating systems, then Install FileCloud 23.1 on the newly installed operating system, and then migrate FileCloud to the newly installed operating system. This is the recommended option.
Option 2: Perform a FileCloud upgrade which requires OS upgrades to Ubuntu 22.04 or RHEL 9.x, For this procedure, please Contact FileCloud Support.
Please note that FileCloud Support cannot resolve OS upgrade problems.
Upgrading FileCloud from versions lower than 22.1
If you are upgrading from a version of FileCloud lower than 22.1 or from an operating system below Ubuntu 22.04 LTS or RHEL 9, please install one of the supported operating systems, then Install FileCloud 23.1 on the newly installed operating system, and then migrate FileCloud to the newly installed operating system.
Upgrading systems that use ServerLink
To upgrade systems running ServerLink, the following steps should be taken:
- Before upgrade, ensure all ServerLink nodes are fully synced and are at the same state.
- Make backups of all nodes as needed
- Upgrade the primary node first.
- Upgrade each secondary node after upgrading the primary node.
- Start up all nodes