Upgrade using Update Tool (Windows Only)
For systems with MongoDB authentication and custom IP binding the upgrade tool will not work. Please contact support for assistance.
For FileCloud upgrade on cluster, see:
FileCloud Update for HA on Windows
FileCloud support is ending for Windows Server 2012 R2 with 22.1 release.
If you are using Cloud Enterprise Server and Windows 2012, please migrate your FileCloud site to Windows 2016 or 2019.
STEP 1: Backup existing installation
FileCloud installation environment
|Windows OS and installation without backup tool||Windows manual backup|
STEP 2: Preparing for update
Download the latest FileCloud Windows Update Tool from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/cloudupdatetool.zip
Note: It is essential that you download the latest version of the update tool; If you run an old version of the tool, you will re-install an old version of FileCloud.
Extract all files from cloudupdatetool.zip into a folder.
- If your system allows downloading of files from internet, go to step 5. Otherwise, complete step 4 first.
- Download the following files and copy them to the extracted folder (the cloudupdatetool folder)
- FileCloud Windows Preupgrade Package from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudpreupgrade.zip
- FileCloud Windows Preupgrade XML - Right-click and save the file https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudpreupgrade.xml
- FileCloud Windows Update Package from https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudupdate.zip
- FileCloud Windows Update XML - Right-click and save the file https://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/filecloudupdate.xml
- Now, navigate to the cloudupdatetool folder and double click on
STEP 3: Update
Open the FileCloud Control Panel and click Stop for each running service. ( If you are upgrading an HA system, stop all the nodes (All DB servers of the replica set as well as the Apache web servers on each of the nodes).) If running Memcache, make sure it is stopped too.
Ensure that Install Folder shows the location of your XAMPP folder. This location is auto-detected, but it may not be able to determine it correctly if there are multiple XAMPP folders. If it is not correct, select the correct XAMPP install folder.
Click Start on the Update Tool dialog box to begin the upgrade. (Repeat steps 1-3 for each of the nodes for HA system).
The tool must be able to connect to the internet in order to download the update package. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you see any errors in this step.
If you receive an error message, see Troubleshooting the Upgrade Tool.
If you are running multi-tenant FileCloud, make sure the database post upgrade script is run correctly.
Once the nodes are updated, start each of the nodes using the cloud control panel.
Message Queue is an important service and must be started after the upgrade.
Message Queue must be installed. If you cannot click the Start button for Message Queue, it is not installed. Click Install, and once installation is complete, click Start.
- Open the install URL http://<your domain>/install/index.php
- Make sure basic checks are all OK.
- Click on Extended Checks.
In section 3 of Extended Checks, your new updates are shown with status and available actions.
- If Apache is running as the Windows Logon account, then give the logon account write permission on the XAMPP folder.
- When you initially log in to the admin portal after upgrade, refresh the browser using CTRL-F5 to clear any prior setup information from the cache.
- Beginning in FileCloud 20.1, to sign into the admin portal for multi-tenancy, you must sign in as the superadmin user and enter your password in encrypted format in the multi.php file. See Password encryption and logging in to a multi-tenant admin portal for instructions on encrypting your password.
Custom settings in configuration files that are replaced during upgrade are not reset in the new configuration files.
Check If the following files are replaced with newer versions during upgrade, and in the case that they are replaced, reconfigure any custom settings after upgrade:
For Filecloud upgrade on cluster, please contact email@example.com