Enabling Natural Sort Order Of User List
As an administrator, you can configure the sort order which determines how user lists are displayed in the Admin portal.
- By default for users, the ASCII sort order is used because this is what is provided by the MongoDB backend.,
- The default for users can be changed to natural sort order beginning with FileCloud version 20.3 using the setting shown below.
|ASCII Sort Order||Natural Sort Order|
|This is the default sort order when listing users in FileCloud.||This option uses a case-insensitive ordering of entries in the user list.|
To switch from ASCII to Natural sort order:
1. Prepare for Natural Sort Order
To enable natural sorting on all unprepared items:
- Run the following command from the command line:
# cd /var/www/resources/backup # php ./preparenaturalsort.php
> cd c:\xampp\htdocs\resources/backup > C:\xampp\php\php.exe ./preparenaturalsort.php
- This command can be run multiple times if needed to make sure there are no unprepared items.
2. Enable Natural Sort Order
Once the system is fully prepared, enable natural sorting by setting the following key in the file WWWROOT\config\cloudconfig.php .
Natural sorting can be disabled by setting the key value to 0 or completely removing it.