Realtime syncing for Network Folders
Normally, network folders are synced offline using a scheduled time (every 30 minutes, 1 hour etc).
Starting with FileCloud 9.0, it is possible to sync network folders using a faster, more efficient mechanism similar to the efficiency seen with "My Files". This is referred to as realtime syncing.
- Realtime syncing of Smart Mounted Network Folders is not supported.
- Setup Automatic realtime syncing only for folders with 100,000 files or less.
- Currently it is not possible to do realtime indexing with filecloud server on Linux and helper on Windows
Server configuration for Real time Sync
- Follow instructions to enable indexing of Network Folders.
- In the Sync log-in Network Folders Step or in the Network Folders section of the Main Dashboard, add a new network folder and select the schedule as "Automatically"
- Save the Network Folder. It should start syncing automatically on local changes as well get remote server changes as quickly as possible.
Since the Network Folder is synced in real time, it is included in the Cloud Storage totals in the Main Dashboard.
Note that when using Automatic sync option, the "Remote Delete" option is enabled automatically and cannot be disabled.