Security means not only verifying the identify of someone who connects to a network resource, but also setting alerts to know when there are problems and setting permissions on folders shared on the cloud.
To manage security, choose how you want to secure your resources:
- FileCloud supports SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) based web browser Single Sign On (SSO) service.
- SSO provides full control over the authorization and authentication of hosted user accounts that can access FileCloud Web based interface.
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA) refers to the two-step verification process that is available in FileCloud v9.0 and later.
- This verification is designed to provide an extra layer of security.
- Protect your system from robots by requiring proof that users are human when they log in to the system and access password-protected shares.
- Allow FileCloud to track all un handled exceptions, system error messages generated in the FileCloud server.
- The number of alerts are shown in the Dashboard and the Alerts page
- The alerts will show detailed information about the various errors encountered.
- You can also set alerts to send notification on specific user actions or system status.
- In many sharing scenarios, you might need to setup folder permissions so that even if a top level folder allows some actions, a specific subfolder does not.