Online Web Editing
Using the WOPI protocol, online document editing is supported in FileCloud Server version 14.1 and later.
Administrators can configure online editing to allow FileCloud users to select any supported document and edit the document from within the User Portal.
- All the changes made by the user are saved in FileCloud automatically.
- Depending on the versioning settings in FileCloud, additional versions may be created.
- FileCloud uses the WOPI (Web Application Open Platform Interface) protocol to support online web editing.
Read more about the WOPI protocol to support document editing.
To use WOPI, you must install or have already available one of the following to provide the web editing capability:
Use the instructions from the following sections to install and configure online web editing.
- Microsoft Office Online Web Editing
- Web Editing With Collabora Code
- Web Editing with OnlyOffice
- Web Editing with Google Apps
- New Document Creation via Web Browser
- Web Editing Text Files
- Web Editing Markdown and Readme Files
- Coauthoring Office Documents Using Web Edit
- Disable Online Web Editing
- Changing the locale in online Office documents