data that provides additional information about files and folders available in FileCloud using Metadata.Administrators can manage
FileCloud defines two levels of metadata definition:
- Attribute - defines a single piece of information that user can specify for file or folder.
- Metadata set - a group of related attributes with additional properties and settings. It works as a container for attributes.
Figure 1. Metadata Terms
Every file and folder that exists in FileCloud.
Information about the file data.
Describes files and folders available in the system.
A single piece of information that describes the File Object.
In FileCloud attributes are defined as a part of the metadata set.
A set of metadata attributes that might be logically grouped and can be attached as a single entity to File Objects.
|a special type of attribute (referred to as the Array attribute type) that allows users to provide multiple custom values for each File Object.|
For example, resumes will always have:
HR wants to tag a resume status as:
Metadata Set Types
FileCloud supports the following types of Metadata Sets:
This a special type of metadata set that is automatically associated with every single File Object when it is created, copied, uploaded, etc.
These are metadata sets that have been created for you.
When did each built-in metadata set become available?
|Custom Metatdata Set||This is a fully customizable set of metadata, defined by the administrator.||As many as you want to create|
You must specify which users can access the Metadata attributes. If you do not add them, then the user will not be able to add a tag to their file.
Starting with FileCloud Version 20.1, by default, FileCloud files and folders stored on S3 and Azure cannot be downloaded for extraction if they are over 100MB. You may change the default size permitted for download using the procedure under Allowed Memory Size Exhausted on the Troubleshooting Metadata page.
|FileCloud Videos||FileCloud Blogs|
In this section
- Create a New Metadata Set
- Edit an Existing Metadata Set
- Managing Metadata Attributes
- Managing Metadata Permissions
- Video of Managing Metadata
- Working with Built-In Metadata
- Working with Custom Metadata
- Working with Default Metadata
- Troubleshooting Metadata
- Finding files without metadata
- Metadata Limitations/Recommendations