How to view files online
Some common file types can be quickly previewed within the FileCloud application without downloading. Any user with download permissions on a folder or file will also be able to preview files. All you have to do for this is setup Open Office for you FileCloud.
File Types supported: PDFs, Microsoft Office files, and many image file types.
Step 1: Download open office
Download the latest version of OpenOffice from here applicable for your platform.
Step 2: Setup open office for windows
- Install OpenOffice for windows.
- Open OpenOffice once and finish the registration.(Skip step 2 if already Registered)
- Start Open Office service. Open Command Prompt in Windows and run the following Command.
- To verify successful installation check if soffice is running in Task Manager.
- Start OpenOffice Server In Windows (Assuming Open office is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\>”C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4\program\soffice.exe” -headless -accept=”socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;” -nofirststartwizard
Using Windows Powershell will result in parsing error, therefore use cmd (run->cmd)
Ensure that the command prompt (cmd) is “started as administrator” otherwise the process will not be able to generate temp files.
Step3: Configure your FileCloud
There are two steps to enable Preview.
1.Log into Administration Portal->Click on “Settings” on the left navigation panel
Click on “Misc” Tab->Enter the path to the open office program folder. For Windows it will be (C:\Program Files (x86)\openoffice 4\program) and Linux (/opt/openoffice4 /program) and click n Check Path
2.Click on “Customization” on the left navigation panel->Click on “General Tab->Check the “Show Document Preview” checkbox and save it.
Now you will be able to preview documents online.