Tonido FileCloud 6.0 | Multi-Tenant | Amazon S3 Storage
Launching Tonido FileCloud 6.0 – Multi-Tenant, Amazon S3 Storage, NTFS Permissions Support and More
FileCloud 6.0 is our Best Release Ever. Our team has done a terrific job in making our most requested customer feature requests into reality. Now we can say unequivocally that FileCloud is one of the Best On-Premise EFSS product in the market and offers best return on investment (ROI) when compared against any competing product in this category.
FileCloud 6.0 is dedicated to our growing worldwide partner network who is taking the FileCloud to every corner of the world. We have addressed Most of our partner requests in this release starting from multi-tenancy, FileCloud API to multi administrator capabilities.
Please see more details on FileCloud 6.0 below.
Support for Multi-Tenancy
The new multi-tenancy feature allows our partners serve multiple customers using single instance of FileCloud. The key value proposition of FileCloud multi-tenant architecture is that while providing multi-tenancy the data separation among different tenants is also maintained . Every tenant has the flexibility to customize their site branding and workflow as they wish.
Read more about how to setup multiple sites using single FileCloud instance here.
Support for Multiple Admin Users
Now Administrators can delegate management tasks to other FileCloud users. It is great for administering large FileCloud deployments. For instance, you can assign audit privilege to your IT security department and user approval to Line Managers.
Read more about how to setup multiple admin users here.
Amazon S3 storage backend support
FileCloud 6.0 now supports Openstack and Amazon S3 as storage back ends. It provides unlimited scalability and redundancy for large FileCloud deployments.
With new multi-tenancy support anyone can launch their own Enterprise grade File Sync and Share service similar to Dropbox for Business or Box.net using existing data center infrastructure or using amazon IaaS.
Support for enforcing permissions on NTFS shares
Many organizations use the NTFS permissions to manage and control the access permissions for internal file shares. It is very hard to duplicate the access permissions to other systems and keep it sync. Now FileCloud 6.0 enables access to internal file shares via web and mobile while honoring the existing NTFS file permissions. This functionality is a great time saver for system administrators and provides a single point of management.
Increase complexity length of Public Share URLs
For better security, we have increased the length of the Public Share URL.
- Recreating public shares will now create random URLs
- Remote Wipe will also support deleting Offline Network Folders in sync app
Support Drag-and-Drop Folder Upload in Google Chrome
This is Big. Now you can upload the whole folder using FileCloud in Chrome browse.
Sorting support for Network shares and “Shared With Me”
Detailed Administrator Summary email
With FileCloud 6.0, the administrator email will provide more information : unused quota space, pending alerts , recent activity and more.
Allow users to leave shares that are shared with them
With FC 6.0, users can leave the shares that are shared with them to save space.
Licensing system now uses domain URLs for production systems
We have made few changes in the FileCloud licensing system to simplify the license management. From FileCloud 6.0, you will need to provide us with the domain name to issue the FileCloud licenses.
Improved support for IE11
With FC 6.0, We have also fixed some user interface issues in IE11
Folder Search is now case insensitive
Now you don’t need to worry about the case of search string 🙂 when you search for a folder or file.
Outlook Add-in now supports HTTP proxy
Outlook add-on now supports internet proxy connections.
We have made many optimizations to make the sync faster and robust. The list of optimizations are give below:
- Sync paginates large delta sets (> 250,000 records) without memory issues
- Mac Sync client will support files larger than 2 GB
- Mac OS X Sync app is now signed so that Gate Keeper setting with “Allow Appstore and apps from trusted developers” allows app to launch
- Conflict file present for one file name blocks all file propagation with same filenames but different extension
- Add ability to reduce logging verbosity
- Fixed the FC Sync Context menu on Ubuntu 14.0.4.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where uploading 0 byte file via makes IE hang
- Check Storage Quota only on File Completion to improve uploading performance when there are large number of files
- Access by disabled user account will show in access logs
- Disable recycle bin UI option if recycle bin is disabled in settings
- Automatically update the DB to new versions when new updates are found during update
- Add check for any server Time Skew from actual time
- “Disable notifications” is missing for the top level folder of the shared item
- Setting quota to 0 bytes makes user field uneditable
- Disable browser caching for FFDC log generation
- Properties of a shared folder containing data reports no files, no folders no bytes
- Install check doesn’t flag missing storage
- Remove a shared folder automatically when user is deleted
- Install: Fixed installation issue on Ubuntu 14.0
- Disable sharing for disabled users
We hope you will like FileCloud 6.0. Please let us know your feedback. We thank you for your confidence and support.