FileCloud is committed to protecting your privacy. We work hard to ensure the safety of the information you shared with us. This Notice outlines what information we collect, why we collect it and how we manage it while you are using FileCloud products.
FileCloud will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Customer Data. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Customer Data. The terms of the data processing addendum can be found at https://www.filecloud.com/agreements/dpa (“Addendum”). To the extent Personal Data from the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom and Switzerland are processed by FileCloud, the Standard Contractual Clauses shall apply, as further set forth in the Addendum. For the purposes of the Standard Contractual Clauses, Customer and its applicable Affiliates are each the data exporter, and Customer’s acceptance of the EULA, and/or an applicable Affiliate’s execution of an Order Form, shall be treated as its execution of the Standard Contractual Clauses and Appendices. Upon request by Customer made within 30 days after the effective date of termination or expiration of relevant FileCloud services, FileCloud will make Customer Data available to Customer for export or download. After such 30-day period, FileCloud will have no obligation to maintain or provide any Customer Data.
We may change this Product Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will revise the date at the top of this Notice. If there are material changes to this Notice, we may notify you or your entity directly by email and/or post an update on FileCloud’s website. We encourage you to periodically review our Product Privacy Notice to stay informed about our data protection practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
How We Collect Information
FileCloud collects information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide: We collect the information you directly provide to us when you register and request license(s) for FileCloud’s services. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Some of our products may require personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data that is required to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, certain features that use such data may not work for you.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We collect information related to your usage of the FileCloud Services and the devices you use to access those Services.
- Information We Collect from Other Sources: We collect information from third parties where you have provided us with access to information from those third parties. In some situations, you may decline to provide information to FileCloud. If you decline to provide information where FileCloud requires such information to operate FileCloud services and fulfill our obligations, you may not be able to use the applicable FileCloud services. Situations where this may occur include:
- Where FileCloud asks you to provide personal information to be able to add features or services to an existing account at your request;
- Where FileCloud asks you to provide personal information to create an account; or
- Where the information would be used to ensure FileCloud’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- There may be situations where you do not have the ability to decline to provide information. This includes where FileCloud collects personal information through your use of our services. For any questions about providing us with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
What Information We Collect
We collect your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your data processing preferences, your entity’s name, your job title, Transactional Information such as the product and services you purchased or subscribed, any other information you choose to provide such as where you found us, login information such as IP address, access times, browser type, language, device information, tax ID or registration number to determine sale taxes, VAT or GST applicable to the orders or exempt status, license count, product or service type, your distributor, reseller, service provider, ISV or partner’s names, contract start date and end date, site URL, and number of employees. Information about product usage such as features enabled is collected for certain products and services. We DO NOT collect or save your payment information. If you process your payment via a payment card, your payment is processed by Stripe, a certified PCI Level 1 Service Provider.
Why We Collect This Information
We collect this information so that we can process your order, manage your account and better service you with the relevant product and service offerings as well as provide, operate, maintain and improve our services.
The collection of information is also necessary for us to be able to send you technical updates, security alerts, support the products and services you have with FileCloud, and enable you to collaborate and share files with others you designate.
Certain information is needed for investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access, other illegal activities and in order to be compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
Collected information is also used to improve and develop our products as well as to personalize our products and services and make recommendations.
Our processing of personal information for these purposes includes both automated and manual methods and may include automated methods (such as the use of artificial intelligence) that are supported by manual methods.
How Long Do We Store Your Information
We maintain records of transactional information for a duration of seven years or longer as dictated by compliance and regulatory mandates. Furthermore, information processed on behalf of our customers or entrusted to us for the FileCloud Online services, including associated mobile components, is typically retained for a period of up to 30 days following the effective date of termination or expiration of FileCloud Services. This retention period aligns with the Company’s legal, regulatory, and operational necessities, ensuring the continued provision of our services as required.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share personal information about you or your entity with any third parties, unless you allow or transact through it. We may only share information with (a) vendors, consultants or other service providers working on our behalf or in conjunction of providing services to you; or (b) when necessary, to protect the security and safety or when required by law or a legal process.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights
FileCloud would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request FileCloud for copies of your personal information. We may charge you reasonable fee for this service.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request FileCloud to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request FileCloud to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request FileCloud erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request FileCloud to restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to FileCloud’s processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request FileCloud transfer the data that we have collected to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we will respond to you within one month.
Protection of Information
FileCloud is committed to securing your information and complies with applicable data protection, privacy, and security breach notification laws. We encrypt your data when it is stored at rest in AWS data centers. We keep the servers on which personal information is stored in a controlled environment with limited access.
We understand that your personal information is important to you. You can exercise your data protection and privacy rights by contacting FileCloud at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact FileCloud’s Data Protection Officer by the same email address.