The Most Powerful and Secure Egnyte Alternative
Secure, Award-Winning Alternative to Egnyte for Enterprises
Hybrid Cloud Deployment
Like Egnyte, FileCloud Online offers file server synchronization to the cloud and vice versa. This capability offers low latency access via LAN while you are at office and remote access from Cloud when you are on road. Egnyte hybrid cloud requires you to move files to a virtual appliance to offer this hybrid cloud capability. But FileCloud Online requires only your existing windows file servers and doesn’t require you to move files anywhere.
FileCloud Online offers powerful data governance features such as complete document life cycle management, retention, archival, egnyte gdpr, legal and admin hold. Our Smart DLP and Intelligent content classification system offers seamless security to protect your enterprise content. Our Smart DLP system offers rule based dynamic protection for your enterprise content.
FileCloud is a hyper-secure file sharing solution with on-premises and cloud server deployment. With a host of enterprise features like digital rights management, data compliance, workflow automation, remote access and content collaboration features, FileCloud is one of the best feature-rich solution with high security.
Egnyte and FileCloud Online offer enterprise file sharing solution for businesses. Unlike competitors, both Egnyte and FileCloud Online offer unique hybrid cloud capabilities to synchronize local file severs to the cloud and vice versa. Egnyte StorageSync uses a locally installed virtual appliance to provide the hybrid cloud capability while FileCloud doesn’t require a separate virtual appliance. One can use their existing windows file servers to act as a local file storage that is synchronized to the cloud.
When compared to FileCloud, Egnyte plans are substantially expensive. Most of the important features required by system administrators like Role-based Administration, Multiple Entity Management, Native AD/LDAP Integration, SAML SSO Integration and Archiving Service are available only with Egnyte Enterprise plan.
|Hosting Options & Features|
|IAAS (AWS GovCloud)|
|Storage, Sync & Backup Features|
|Large File Support, max file size||Unlimited||10 GB|
|Supported Local Storage|
|Storage Limitation||Unlimited||10 TB|
|Endpoint Backup (Mulitple folders)|
|Mobile OS Compatibility||iOS, Android, Windows Phone||iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|iOS, Android Media backup|
|Desktop Sync – Cross Platform(Windows, Mac, Linux)|
|Document Quick Edit|
|Document Web Edit|
|DICOM Medical Images Preview (e.g. X-rays, Scans)|
|Embedded File Upload Form|
|File Comments/Activity Stream|
|Security, Access Control & Existing File Systems Integration|
|Active Directory Support|
|Multiple Active Directory|
|Data At Rest Encryption|
|Two Factor Authentication(2FA)|
|GDPR Features (Consent, Users Rights, DPO Accounts)|
|Data Governance (Automatic document life cycle management)||Upgrade|
|FIPS 140-2 (U.S. government security standard)|
|Sharepoint plugin||Under Development|
|Google Drive Integration||Under Development||Buy Additional Product|
|Amazon S3/OpenStack Support|
|Audit & Admin Tools|
|Access and Monitoring Control|
|Mobile Device Management (Block devices, remote wipe, notification to devices)|
|Geo IP Access Reports|
|File Analytics & Reporting (Summary of Client Applications per OS & Type, User Shares, Active Files Managed, File Type Distribution)|
|Role Based Administration|
|Based on public information available as of 21/11/2019. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.|
A leading Egnyte competitor, FileCloud Online is a powerful, award-winning, enterprise file-sharing, sync and endpoint product hosted on AWS infrastructure. We have been recognized by the Gartner Customers’ Choice Award in 2018 and 2019, and were named in the 2018 Gartner MQ for Content Collaboration Platform. FileCloud Online is a fast-growing, privately owned company that, unlike many of our competitors today, answer first and foremost to our customers. We are committed to giving clients a clean, no-friction experience, and providing maximum value for their investments. We are the most powerful solution to file-sharing on the market, and we hope that you’ll let us be yours.
Try FileCloud Today!
Sign up for a FREE trial, no strings attached.
Hybrid Cloud Deployment
Offers hybrid cloud deployments where files stored in local windows file servers can be synchronized to the cloud and vice versa. offers low latency access from LAN while you are at office and remote fast access from the cloud.
Team folders provide a single place where teams in a company can store and organize files and folders.
Team folders are created by admins or authorized users and instantly made available to all members of a team.
Choice of Region
A choice between five major regions: US East, US West, EU, Australia and Hong Kong, allowing clients to store files in the best area for data control, low latency access and regulatory preferences. This is similar to Egnyte data center locations.
Brings your business branding front and center. Starting from custom domains,logos, login page image to user emails, everything can be customized to reflect your brand.
Enables you to backup multiple folders from your PCs, laptops to Cloud.You are not limited to one magic sync folder, as is the case with Egnyte local cloud.
DLP & Content Classification Engine
Provides unique capabilities to monitor, prevent, and fix data leakage assure corporate data is protected across all your devices. Our advanced management controls and detailed activity logs helps you to secure organization data. You can create robust use cases using FileCloud CCE + DLP, similar to Egnyte workflows.
Data Governance - GDPR
Simplifies data governance by setting policies for automatic document life cycle management, including file retention and archival. Offers GDPR friendly features like privacy consent, PII search and anonymizing access logs.
Customer side Encryption & Sandbox
Allows customers to choose their own Encryption keys for added data security.Our unique site sandbox architecture isolates every customer site from other customer sites for maximum security.
Top 10 Reasons Why FileCloud Online is Better Than Egnyte
- More features, including granular file sharing, admin portal, device management, metadata, Smart DLP, content classification engine and more.
- Offers Team Folders to share files across a group or sub set of users, while Egnyte offers only My Files and Shared Folders.
- Offers Data governance features like retention, archival, legal and admin hold for no additional cost.
- Platform to promote your brand – customize with your own logos, background image and custom domain.
- Includes windows file-server backup to cloud for no additional cost. Egnyte Storage Sync is available only in higher price plan and it requires a virtual appliance.
- Offers endpoint PC backup to Cloud while Egnyte doesn’t offer endpoint backup.
- Store your files in the region of your choice for data residency and low-latency access.
- Supports customer side encryption keys while Egnyte only utilizes server-side encryption.
- Offers GDPR friendly features such as privacy consent, PII federated search, anonymize PII data to keep your organization data in compliance.
- Stores each customers file in a separate sandbox for maximum security, while Egnyte mingles all customer files and metadata.
Who can use FileCloud Online?
- Architecture and construction companies that work with large CAD files and require hybrid cloud capabilities
- Large Enterprises and fortune 2000 companies with substantial local file servers
- SMBs looking for a cost-effective but powerful file sharing platform for their business
- Businesses from Europe, Middle-East and Australia who want to utilize servers in their respective regions for data residency
- Investment banking and financial institutions who want to use a segregated virtual data room for large deals and transactions
- Healthcare and pharma companies that need to comply with stringent data security regulations
- Government organizations and contractors that need to comply with ITAR regulations
Note that FileCloud Online is built and optimized for business use, rather than personal file-sharing and storage.