eFolder Anchor alternative for BusinessEFolder Anchor offers both on-premises and cloud-based enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) services to small and mid-enterprise clients. Thanks to this program, users can access content from mobile and desktop devices without having to spend hours on managing the file transfer process themselves. What’s more, eFolder Anchor file sync comes with almost real-time sync and share features that permit customers to collaborate efficiently with coworkers irrespective of the distance between them. However, for all their positive, Anchor suffers from one glaring flaw – it cannot be purchased directly from the eFolder website; instead, they need to avail the service through a managed service partner. As a result, Anchor is not easily available, and SMB owners are better off looking elsewhere for similar programs with more flexibility.
Why FileCloud is a Better Option Than eFolder Anchor?One of the best eFolder Anchor for Business alternatives available in the EFSS market right now is FileCloud. Let’s review efolder vs FileCloud comparison in detail. Released back in 2012, FileCloud has continued to grow and evolve as the most innovative file sharing and sync platform in the IT industry. A product of CodeLathe Technologies Inc., FileCloud incorporates all the latest and best features to meet the demands and expectations of the consumers. No wonder it has earned a formidable reputation and continues to be the most formidable eFolder Anchor alternative.
eFolder Anchor vs FileCloud
|Hosting Options & Features|
|IAAS (AWS GovCloud)|
|Run On Docker|
|Run On Linux Server|
|Run On Windows Server|
|Storage, Sync & Backup Features|
|Large File Support, max file size|
|Supported Local Storage|
|Endpoint Backup (Multiple folders)|
|Branch Office Synchronization|
|Native Mobile Apps||iOS, Android, Windows Phone||iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|iOS, Android Media backup|
|Desktop Sync – Cross Platform(Windows, Mac, Linux)||Windows & Mac|
|Document Quick Edit|
|Document Web Edit|
|Embedded File Upload Form|
|File Comments/Activity Stream|
|Security, Access Control & Existing File Systems Integration|
|Integrate – Existing Home Directories|
|Network Share Support|
|Network Share Versioning|
|Active Directory Support|
|Multiple Active Directory|
|Data At Rest Encryption|
|Two Factor Authentication(2FA)|
|Sharepoint plugin||Under Development|
|Google Drive Integration||Under Development|
|Amazon S3/OpenStack Support|
|Audit & Admin Tools|
|Access and Monitoring Control|
|Mobile Device Management (Block devices, remote wipe, notification to devices)|
|Geo IP Access Reports|
|File Analytics & Reporting (Summary of Client Applications per OS & Type, User Shares, Active Files Managed, File Type Distribution)|
|Role Based Administration|
|Based on public information available as of 29/07/2018. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.|
FileCloud vs. eFolder Anchor
What Features makes eFolder Anchor Unique?
- Anchor file sharing offers safe and secure file collaboration across mobile devices, laptops, computers, and the cloud.
- Existing file servers are all cloud enabled.
- eFolder Anchor supports various Operating Systems, including Windows, Windows Phone, Android, OS X, and iOS.
- Customizable branding is available for web, agent, and mobile application.
- Simple, managed sharing empowerment.
- Provides access to strong monitoring features.
- Seamless integration with Office Online.
Why FileCloud is a Cut Above the Rest?The reason why FileCloud gets so much love from consumers is because it not only offers every benefit mentioned above as eFolder Anchor, but the service even has additional capabilities at its disposal, making it one of the most versatile EFSS for consumers. Some of the highlights include:
- Limitless file versioning
- Audit logs
- Desktop user management and map drive
- Desktop Sync Client
- Remote Wipe
- Antivirus support
- Unified device management console
- Advanced security settings
- General bandwidth reporting and tracking
- Metadata support
- GDPR compliance.
What Makes FileCloud the best alternative to eFolder Anchor?What makes FileCloud the best eFolder Anchor alternative is its attention to security and safety of users. With ransomware and other digital attacks becoming more commonplace, consumers need all the help they can get and FileCloud’s improved security specifications make it a worthwhile investment for businesses.
- Document Edit: FileCloud lets you edit MS PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Word, and Project files directly through the FileCloud Web user interface on the user’s desktop. As soon as you’re done editing and saving the file, FileCloud takes care of the background tasks, such as sending notifications, uploading new versions, and sharing updates.
- Web DAV: FileCloud is compatible with WebDAV and users can mount it like a drive in every major OS. Keep in mind though that the process works seamlessly in Linux and Mac, but may offer inconsistent results in Windows OS.
- Amazon S3/OpenStack Support: Thanks to FileCloud, enterprises are able to set up Amazon S3 and OpenStack storage directly with minimum fuss. This allows enterprises to switch between storage options with high flexibility.
- SAML Integration: SAML focused Single Sign On (SSO) service is provided to users by FileCloud. It allows complete control over the authentication and authorization of hosted user accounts. Also, thanks to this SAML model, FileCloud serves more of a service provider role as well as a claims aware application.
- Antivirus: FileCloud permits users to scan uploaded files automatically with the help of ClamAV. The antivirus program is compatible with Linux and Windows OS.
- NTFS Support: Many organizations share Windows
- based Network Folders among the employees. NTFS rights setup is used to manage the permissions on these Network Folders for different groups and users. FileCloud is capable of using the same NTFS permissions for authorizing users and letting them access the resources.
- Multi Tenancy Support: MSPs now have the option of using one FileCloud tool to serve multiple customers at the same time. Also, they get the benefit of customized branding even as the data separation stays intact.
- API Support: Thanks to the FileCloud APIs, developers can access the tools they require to build different apps. This provides integration and extensibility of FileCloud with current enterprise frameworks and systems. Most importantly, the FileCloud developer API can be used and integrated without hassle.
- Network Share Support: All the latest versions of FileCloud let users access existing folders and files stored on SMB, USB, NFS, CIFS, and other network share.
More FileCloud Features
Innovative File Sharing Capabilities of FileCloudWhat makes FileCloud a worthy eFolder Anchor alternative is it enables you to access organizational data without having to change the IT infrastructure. FileCloud may be hosted on
- premise and lets you exert total control over sensitive data. At the same time, you get the dual benefits of unlimited storage and limitless file size upload. If that’s nlot all, the current NTFS permissions may be preserved in the Active directory.
What Kind of Administrative and Security Features Does FileCloud Offer?Every business wishes to be secure and stable, and that involves the safekeeping of vital documents and files. And that is precisely what you get with FileCloud. Being an effective EFSS, FileCloud provides improved security measures and privacy controls for all files and data. The program even lets you backup any user data from Mac, Windows, or Linux OS. Backups can be scheduled as per your convenience and FileCloud will complete the task at the given time on your behalf. Boasting enhanced security specifications and a decent admin system, FileCloud is designed to meet and exceed the expectations of any business, regardless of volume and size.
Why FileCloud is the Perfect Alternative to eFolder Anchor?
- Option to host FileCloud on on
- premise or any IaaS (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Powerful administration features (Device Dashboard, detailed audit logs)
- Customization (Change Logo, Change Login screen, Run on custom domain)
- Unlimited external (partner/ client) accounts
- Federated search
- Full Text Search
- Designed for mobile (Allows you to work on the Go)
- Advanced sharing options
- Security and permissions at various levels
- Virtual drive & selective sync
- Integration with Active Directory and users can keep using same Active Directory credentials
- Strong metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom meta data sets
- Flexible storage options
- Customizable work flows and Office 365 integration
- All major file types supported
- Access documents using web interface without an installed client on local machine
- Real time file sync
- Ability to control by user/group file/folder access
- External sharing permissions, editing policies, device location restrictions, sharing by device.
1000s of Organizations Run FileCloud
“We love FileCloud’s simplicity, mobile apps, and above all, responsiveness of FileCloud team.
“Our primary goal was to share while keeping the data onsite.
“We chose FileCloud for its ease of installation and use, as well as the generous price point and helpful support.
FileCloud Features – Alternative to eFolder Anchor
Desktop Sync Apps
Microsoft Outlook Add-In
FileCloud Direct Installation Windows Vista/7/8, Windows Server 2003/2008 64 bit (Installer), Ubuntu (deb), Redhat & CentOS(rpm) FileCloud VM Installation OVF (VMWare Products, VirtualBox) Run on your Own Premises using your own infrastructure Run on Own Domain Runs under your domain (Ex: fileshare.yourcompany.com) Full SSL Encryption support High Availability Setups Possible Authentication Active Directory, LDAP or Local Authentication Storage Local Storage on Local HDD, NAS, SAN Multi-Tenancy Serve multiple clients using a single instance Company Network Shares Make any network shares accessible via FileCloud
Supported Browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft IE 8 and later Access, Browse, View Files and Folders Get your organization files from anywhere Preview Microsoft DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, DOC, XLS, PPT files Instant Preview support for office documents without downloading Download Files Download files to your PC for offline access Download Entire Folders or Multiple Files as Zip Zip compression to facilitate faster downloads Copy, Move, Delete Files or Folders Exhaustive file management functions Automatic File Versioning Unlimited Automatic file versioning and recovery Upload multiple files using drag and drop Easy uploading. Just drag and drop files to the browser window. Play back media files (music and video) Photo gallery support for jpeg and png images Gallery / Slideshow view for photos and pictures Manage Favorite Files and Folder Locations Automatic listing of most recently accessed files Shortcut to recently accessed files. Search files and folders recursively Allows sub folder file search Recycle Bin Support to restore deleted files Recover accidentally deleted files in 2 clicks. WebDAV support Connect with many different client apps using WebDAV
Share Files and Folders to other users inside and outside the organization 1-Click file sharing and easy collaboration Public Shares Allows anyone using a provided link to access files or folders Private Secure Shares Allows only users having proper login credentials to access the share Upload to Public Shares Share Permissions Read, Write, Re-sharing, *Sync (* only for managed storage) Set Share Link Expiry Dates Time limited shares Email Notifications for Shares Email notification for easy file sharing File Change Notifications via email Keep up to date on what files are changing
Supported Mobile Platforms Mobile apps available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry Access, Browse, View Files and Folders Download Files for Offline Access Manage all connected mobile devices directly via Admin Portal Remotely wipe all offline files in a mobile device Block a specific mobile device from logging in Download All Files in Folder for Offline Access Copy, Move, Delete Files or Folders Exhaustive file management functions Upload files, photos, videos from your mobile Playback media files (music and video) Native media formats (mp4 and mp3) Photo gallery support for jpeg and png images Manage Favorite Files and Folder Locations View Recently Accessed Files Share a file directly via Email Share a link to file or folder Open files in other apps installed on the device
Desktop Sync Apps
Supported Platforms Windows Vista/7/8, Ubuntu, Mac OSX Work Offline with your Managed Storage Cloud Files Work Offline with files shared with you Synchronize Files back to the Cloud when online automatically Upload many files and folders effortlessly
Supported Platforms Windows Vista/7/8 Desktop file access using mapped drives Mount cloud space as local drive Drag and Drop files Edit Documents directly File Caching Support
Microsoft Outlook Add-In
Supported Versions Microsoft Outlook 2007 and above Share files and folders from Cloud Upload files to Cloud Share as an attachment or link
Web based Centralized Administration Manage and Administer User Accounts Manage and Administer User Groups Manage and Administer External Network Shares 1-Click Upgrade Process for Updating to New Versions Mobile Device Management Easy customization and branding using web interface
Secure Socket layer Anti-Virus Integration PIN lock code for Mobile apps Full HIPAA Compliant Audit Trail Track all mobile devices attached to FileCloud Remote Wipe or Block certain mobile devices
Customize all branding and logos Use your own domain name Customized Email Messages Use your own email server Language Localization Support
Who is using FileCloud?
Key FileCloud Advantages
- Mobile Access – Top rated mobile apps on iOS, Android, Windows 8 and Blackberry
- Auditing and Data Governance Features
- Mobile device Management- Remote monitoring, wiping, blocking devices
- Options to Customize
- Lowest Cost to Own
- Simple pricing. No Upsell