|Hosting Options & Features|
|IAAS (AWS GovCloud)|
|Run On Docker|
|Run On Linux Server|
|Run On Windows Server|
|Storage, Sync & Backup Features|
|Large File Support, max file size|
|Supported Local Storage|
|Endpoint Backup (Multiple folders)|
|Branch Office Synchronization|
|Native Mobile Apps||iOS, Android, Windows Phone||iOS, Android|
|iOS, Android Media backup|
|Desktop Sync – Cross Platform(Windows, Mac, Linux)|
|Document Quick Edit|
|Document Web Edit|
|Embedded File Upload Form|
|File Comments/Activity Stream|
|Security, Access Control & Existing File Systems Integration|
|Integrate – Existing Home Directories|
|Network Share Support|
|Network Share Versioning|
|Active Directory Support|
|Multiple Active Directory|
|Data At Rest Encryption|
|Two Factor Authentication(2FA)|
|Sharepoint plugin||Under Development|
|Google Drive Integration||Under Development|
|Amazon S3/OpenStack Support|
|Audit & Admin Tools|
|Access and Monitoring Control|
|Mobile Device Management (Block devices, remote wipe, notification to devices)|
|Geo IP Access Reports|
|File Analytics & Reporting (Summary of Client Applications per OS & Type, User Shares, Active Files Managed, File Type Distribution)|
|Role Based Administration|
|Based on public information available as of 25/08/2019. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.|
Varonis DatAnywhere Migration
Migrate From Varonis DatAnywhere To FileCloud. Learn Why Global 5000 Companies Pick FileCloudFree Trial >>> Payment details are not required
Why FileCloud Is the Best Varonis DatAnywhere Alternative?
DatAnywhere End of Life in 2020
Varonis DatAnywhere will enter end of life (EOL) in February 2020. What does this mean for existing users of DatAnywhere? This means no further product development and a limited support from Varonis. It is a suitable time to look for an alternate product like FileCloud which offers more security and support.
Why Migrate to FileCloud?
FileCloud is also an on-premise solution just like Varonis DatAnywhere. FileCloud can also be used on Windows Server like DatAnywhere allowing use of Windows based network folders and preserve NTFS permissions. FileCloud integrates with Active Directly Credentials so, there is no need to recreate them.
FileCloud - Amazing Features
FileCloud has implemented centralized device management, federated search, role based access, meta data management system and much more. FileCloud also has selective sync, virtual drive, unlimited storage, enhanced security features, endpoint backup, built-in ransomware protection and more features.
FileCloud has received the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice Distinction for the fifth consecutive time!
92% of our customers would recommend us to a friend.
Varonis DatAnywhere to FileCloud migration
(Varonis DatAnywhere users can migrate files using one of the below mentioned guide)
Download your files and folders from DatAnywhere
1) Download your files from Varonis DatAnywhere Web-client/ Web Portal or from Varonis DatAnywhere desktop client.
Note: The first time you login to Varonis DatAnywhere client you might be asked to enter your server URL. To obtain such information please contact your system Administrator.
2) Once you have logged in to Varonis DatAnywhere client from your Windows or Mac computer you can select which folders you would like to be sync’ed to your local desktop/computer.
When a specific item is synced, the selected item and all its parent folders are created in your DatAnywhere folder. You can also sync individual files in case you do not wish to download all the folders content. Upon selecting the files and folders you wish to sync, you can proceed on clicking “Apply”
3) Once your files have completed the Sync/Download process you can access them on your Windows explorer or Mac Finder under the folder DatAnywhere.
Integrate your network shares with FileCloud
An easy alternative to migrate to FileCloud is to simply integrate your current Network shares to FileCloud.
To accomplish this please review our Step-by-Step guide on the following LINK.
Once done your users will simply access FileCloud using our desktop clients or from their Web browser to obtain immediate access to all their data!
Migrate your files and folders to FileCloud
Users can upload files by either one of the two methods.
- You can drag and drop files from your desktop into the FileCloud Web Browser window to upload the file.
- You can also navigate to any folder and click on the “Upload Icon” and select files to upload. You can select multiple files.
Migrating your DatAnywhere files and folders using FileCloud’s Sync Client!
FileCloud offers a variaty of desktop clients to simplfy the way you interact with your files and folders. When migrating your files and folder from Varonis DatAnywhere to FileCloud we recommend that you use our FileCloud Sync client.
FileCloud Sync will securely upload your data to FileCloud in just 3 easy steps.
1) Download FileCloud Sync using the following LINK.
2) Install FileCloud Sync on your computer
3) Login to FileCloud Sync and Open FileCloud’s Sync folder.
4) Select and Drag your files/ folders from Varonis DatAnywhere folder into FileCloud’s Folder as seen below.
Once done FileCloud Sync will upload your data to FileCloud!
Why migrate to FileCloud?
FileCloud offers excellent security features and a robust Admin system. FileCloud allows users to access, share, synchronize company files and documents from anywhere and any device. For enterprises looking for secure cloud storage and file sharing while keeping 100% control over their own data, FileCloud is the best choice among Varonis DatAnywhere Alternatives.
FileCloud is an enterprise file sharing solution which fits all organizational needs. We comply with industry & country wise laws (different data privacy laws/jurisdictions). FileCloud also allows flexibility and customization to fit your enterprise workflows. Enterprises can use their own logo, custom login screens and best of all run FileCloud on your custom domain.
More advantages over Varonis DatAnywhere include centralized device management, policy management, federated search, role-based access, workflows, powerful admin reports, metadata management system and much more. Looking for more? Amazing features like selective sync, virtual drive, unlimited storage, enhanced security features, endpoint backup and built-in ransomware protection gives us Leverage to be classified as the Best Varonis Alternative.
Let’s compare Varonis DatAnywhere with FileCloud feature by feature.
Try FileCloud Today!
Sign up for a FREE trial, no strings attached.
FileCloud can be hosted on-Premise sync or on any IaaS (e.g. AWS, Azure).
End Point Backup
In addition to file sharing and sync, FileCloud offers Endpoint Backup.
External File Sharing
FileCloud offers intuitive External File Sharing capabilities to share files with partners, vendors and customers.
Branding & Customization
FileCloud offers Unparalleled branding/Customization Features(Change logo, change login screen, branded file sharing emails, Run on custom domain).
Remote Wipe feature
FileCloud supports Remote Wipe & more security features for files on client devices (PCs, Mobile apps).
FileCloud offers powerful metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom meta data sets.
FileCloud offers powerful admin features for system admins (Device dashboard, detailed audit log, reports and many more …)
Federated Search & GDPR
FileCloud offers federated search to support e-discovery and GDPR compliance.
More reasons which make FileCloud the best Varonis Datanywhere alternative!
FileCloud delivers enterprise value unlike any other Varonis DatAnywhere alternative.
Here are more reasons to switch from Varonis DatAnywhere to FileCloud
FileCloud offers advanced sharing options
- View, Upload, Download, Share, Sync and Delete
- Varonis DatAnywhere offers only limited file sharing options
- FileCloud offers security and permissions at folder/sub folder levels
- FileCloud offers virtual drive & selective sync capabilities
Learn more about advanced file sharing features
“We liked FileCloud’s pricing, comprehensive feature set (branding, encryption) and the responsive support”
Take a Quick Look at the FileCloud Advantages:-
- FileCloud can be used on Windows Server.
- FileCloud allows use of Windows network folders with NTFS permissions.
- FileCloud integrates with Active Directory and users can keep using same Active Directory credentials.
- FileCloud offers external file sharing capabilities to share files with vendors, partners and customers.
- FileCloud allows remote wipe of files on client devices (PCs, Mobile apps).
- FileCloud offers strong metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom meta data sets.
- FileCloud allows manual retention, share deletion policies and manual classifications.
- FileCloud provides powerful administration features for system admins (Device dashboard, detailed audit log, reports and much more …)
- FileCloud offers unparalleled branding/customization (change logo, change login screen, branded file sharing emails, Run on custom domain).
- FileCloud offers federated search to support e-discovery and GDPR compliance.
- FileCloud offers security and permissions at folder/sub folder levels.
- FileCloud offers virtual drive & selective sync capabilities.